DUI Penalties in Kansas & Missouri
Defending Clients Facing Harsh DUI Penalties in Kansas & Missouri
A DUI is a serious offense both in Missouri and Kansas. It can result in jail time, fines, and suspension of driver's licenses. Multiple violations increase the penalties dramatically. An accident involving serious injury also enhances the penalties. Individuals charged with DUI must contact a Kansas City attorney to protect their rights.
Are you facing DUI penalties in Kansas & Missouri? Call The Law Offices of Charles R. Green today at (913) 383-3311 or contact us online to schedule a meeting with our DUI defense lawyer!
DUI Penalties in Kansas
- First-Time DUI: Jail is 48 hours mandatory minimum. Alternatively, one can do 100 hours of community service. The fine is $500 to $1000—license suspension for 30 days followed by a restricted license for the next 330 days.
- Multiple DUI: For the second DUI, the jail time is from 90 days. Fine is from $1000 to $1500. License suspension is for one year. An ignition Interlock device is required. For the third violation, jail time includes a 72-hour mandatory minimum jail time before work release is possible. The fourth violation is a Felony DUI with a 180 minimum sentence of up to one year. One hundred forty-four hours mandatory minimum jail time before work release is possible.
- DUI Accident: Penalties are enhanced according to the seriousness of injuries.
DUI Penalties in Missouri
- First Time DUI: Fine is $500 with jail time up to 6 months. The license suspension is for 30 days with 60 days restricted license after the suspension is over.
- Multiple DUI: For the second offense, the fine goes up to $1000, and jail doubles to one year. License suspension is for one year; if the second violation is within five years of the first one, the license is suspended for five years. An ignition interlock device is required. The third violation may entail jail for four years and a fine of up to $5000.
- DUI Accident: Penalties increased depending on the nature of injuries caused.
Contact Our DUI Attorney Today
DUI Defense Attorney Charles Green serves both sides of Kansas City as he is licensed in Missouri and Kansas. He aggressively defends clients against DUI charges. He raises defenses based on unlawful police stops and failures to follow procedures for field sobriety tests, breathand blood tests, and presses for a not guilty verdict. He assists clients in fighting to save their driver's licenses at driver's license hearings and trials. He is accomplished in DUI defense and has won many dismissals and acquittals of charges.
Contact The Law Offices of Charles R. Green today to schedule a FREE consultation and discuss the DUI penalties in Kansas & Missouri!
Numerous case dismissals and "not guilty" verdicts.
Aggressive representation in and out of the courtroom.
Highly-rated by clients and colleagues.
Over 20 years of experience dedicated to criminal law.